March 20, 2009

what? humor??!

We've gotten pretty creative with cost reduction. We've cancelled everybody's cell phones ... turned down lights ... shut off escalators ... switched all the printers to duplex and disabled color ... stopped buying office supplies ... we empty our own trash because they fired the cleaning crews. Piles of trash are stacked up in the hallways in giant bins.


Now people are reporting a significant increase in cockroach sightings. And the guys are complaining that the men's rooms smell because they turned down the water supply that flushes the urinals.



Office Space is alive and well.



Lumbergh: "Since you're down here, it would be really great if you could just sort of take care of the cockroach problem we've been having in here."

Milton: "No, that's not really my job, and I-- I haven't received my paycheck this week--"

Lumbergh: "So, for now, why don't you get yourself a flashlight and a can of pesticide..."

1 comment:

  1. Wow.... and some of those cost reduction efforts were MY projects. I can save millions of corporate dollars, but couldn't save my job...life is tough all over!

    ReplyDelete

Surviving the Great Downturn of 2009.